The ST Evaluation Program is our online video evaluation system and it’s designed to evaluate and measure the level of skill of rider and horse in the training pillars groundwork, longeing,work in hand, riding and liberty.
Through videos rider and horse can demonstrate their ability to perform a set of exercises and since the start of the program already over 2250 videos have been submitted from all over the world: Indonesia, Taiwan, Brazil, Australia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and many countries in Europe, America and other continents. Thanks to in-depth evaluation forms with valuable tips and feedback from ST Evaluators, these riders are able to progress much faster as they would do on their own.
ST Evaluators are ST Instructors and they have been – and still are – in an extensive training program under Marijke de Jong’s intensive supervision. They evaluate according to a set of STE guidelines and with these guidelines we strive to create uniformity in the evaluations and to set a high standard. You can consider a certified ST Evaluator as your personal online ST instructor who gives you online lessons by giving feedback on your videos via an evaluation form.
The ST Evaluator will write a personalized evaluation form and give you a tailor made advice that suits you and your horse best so you can reach the goals that you aim for. Now it’s very important to see every evaluation form as a ‘lesson’ that you are receiving, and to not consider it as a ‘test’ that has to be passed. You will just receive a ‘lesson on paper’ so you know WHAT you did well, what you need to improve, the reason WHY and valuable tips on HOW to improve things. This way you always know where you are, where you need to go and how to get there!
To see how it works in practice, follow these links:
- Rebecca & Milly, Liberty & Longeing Touchstones
- Zaneta & Delightful, Liberty Touchstones
- Zaneta & Delightful, Longeing Touchstones
Of you have any questions, please check out our FAQ here >>
The ST Evaluation Program is part of Marijke de Jong’s Straightness Training Academy. This Academy aims to form a world wide group of loyal professional horse trainers and instructors that are dedicated to the cause of improving health, joy and beauty in working with horses based on the principles of Straightness Training.
The Straightness Training Academy consists of the ST Mastery Program, the ST Evaluation Program and the ST Instructor Program:
- The ST Mastery Program offers you a rich and rewarding and balanced exercise program to get your horse fit and strong, no matter what breed or age. This program aims to transform riders into Straightness Training experts and experienced horse trainers.
- The structured ST Evaluation program is designed to evaluate and measure the level of skill of rider and horse in the Training Pillars groundwork, longeing,work in hand, riding and liberty. Through videos rider and horse can demonstrate their ability to perform the ST exercises that are outlined in ST Mastery.
- When students have been personally successful in ST Mastery and ST Evaluation and have passed a certain set of evaluations with a certain quality in all five ST Training Pillars, they can enroll in the international ST Instructor Program.